Just my thoughts on the small piece of the large universe that I inhabit.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Prison Cell?

Ok I am in some mood tonight. Here is another funny though I had though. I have been in the library 15 hours a day for the last 2 months. This is really not much of an exaggeration. So I usually sit in a study cubicle, alone. These little cubicles are 10x12 rooms with a table and chairs. But the funny thing is as I sat here looking at the door I noticed that it REALLY looked like the door to a prison cell. I have never seen a prison cell door in real life but on TV they are grey and have a small vertical rectangle window for the prisoners to look out of. That is exactly what the doors here look like. And being the size of the room is about equivalent to a cell as well it is somewhat unnerving. I though to myself I have voluntarily imprisoned myself so I can learn the law to keep people from having to stay in a room like this alone, like I am doing now. Hmmmm. At least there are no gang-rapes in law school except for finals, which are quickly approaching. I hope I don't drop the soap.
Don't they get to watch TV in prison? No luck here.

1 Comments:

Blogger davidaharder said...

I've been arrested before and put in a solitary holding tank for 19 hours. I can't think of anything more horrible than to deprive somebody of their freedom and put them in a tiny cell with no possibility of getting out.

I believe judges and lawyers should spend a week in jail under these conditions, so they truly know how it is before they are giving the right to seek out or issue sentences.

12:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home